for the Graduate Program in Biomedical Sciences
1. Application Form.
2. Photograph 2×2 (optional).
3. Bachelor degree in natural sciences or its equivalent* from an accredited institution of higher education with a minimum overall grade point average of 2.75 and of 3.0 or above in science subjects.
For applicants with foreign degrees please submit a credential evaluation from World Education Services (www.wes.org)
4. Official scores of the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within five years of the application date.
5. Official transcripts from each college or university attended for all undergraduate and graduate work.
6. Three (3) letters of recommendation, including at least two (2) from former professors in the student’s area of specialization pertaining to the last completed degree.
7. An essay indicating why you are interested in a graduate degree in biomedical sciences.
8. Application fee of $50.00** (non refundable).
9. Criminal Background Check issued by the Police Department of the pertinent county, state or country.
10. Interview with the Graduate Program in Biomedical Sciences Admissions Committee.
*Candidates need to show that they have approved:
2 courses in Biology
2 courses in Chemistry
2 courses in Physics
2 courses in Mathematics
(Recommended undergraduate courses: Calculus 1, Statistics, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology and/or other related courses in the specialization area.)
Last day to submit application is February 1st**
** All application received in our offices after the deadline will be considered a late application and will have an extra charge. This application will also be subject to space availability. The deadline for the late applications is April 1st for the semester starting in August.