To prepare high-quality and committed health professionals to meet the health needs of the community in its biological, physical and social context with a humanistic focus and a high sense of moral obligation. It is characterized by its emphasis on the excellence of its educational programs, research activities and services of health maintenance, prevention, and early detection of illness. It is committed to improving the quality of life of the Puerto Rican community through its services, as well as to developing health care professionals.
The Universidad Central del Caribe envisions itself as an academic institution socially committed to its educational, research and service endeavors.
The UCC strategic goals clearly highlight the emphasis given in the strategic planning process to three main components of the mission and vision: (1) excellence in academic programs, (2) excellence in research activities, and (3) the provision of services, as well as the continuous value for improvement. The UCC envisions a future to:
- Develop a solid and diversified financial basis.
- Establish the mechanisms for the development of new academic programs and maintain and strengthen current academic programs.
- Increase research activities in the Basic, Clinical, and Behavioral Sciences.
- Strengthen student services, including promotion, recruitment, retention, orientation, and counseling.
- Increase UCC’s presence and recognition within the immediate community and beyond.
- Maximize the use of technology in the various activities consistent with the UCC mission.
- Develop an assessment culture within the UCC community.